Sunday, April 5, 2009

Being Thankful When Times are Tough

It has now been a year since our struggles began, and although they continue, I keep finding new things to be thankful for that I might not notice. I was watching an All-State commercial that talked about everyone going back to the basics, and the basics are good. I have to agree. And even though what we've been through sucks, there are worse things. I have friends with kids in the hospital, friends with dying parents, and those that are dealing with their own illnesses. So, in no particular order, here are a few things I'm thankful for:

First of all, Kyle. He's the guy I choose to spend every day with. Despite the days we're mad at each other, or when one of us says something stupid (which is A LOT) we always find new things to giggle at, and there's no one I'd rather spend my time with.
These puppies! Today Bryson and I took a 2 hour nap - him cuddled up next to me on my pillow with his paw on my hand. Seriously, my furry babies are fantastic!
Visits from old friends - today these two showed up at our house - haven't seen them in nearly a year, but they decided they missed us, and just showed up. It was a quick visit, but I'm so thankful for ALL of my friends, not just these two!



General silliness - because it's the moments of being silly that allows us to keep going, smile, and enjoy another day of whatever God brings us.

2 comments:

KT said...

You are so right on. You're making me feel more positive already!

jenicarae said...

We are thankful for great friends like ya'lL!!