Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Brown Hair and Onions

My life should be a movie. Seriously, some of the things that happen to me are just plain ridiculous! Yesterday, for instance.

I work from home most days, so sometimes my schedule is a little funky. Kyle gets home yesterday afternoon, and I'm standing in the kitchen in my leopard print pajama pants and nothing else. I had decided to make my hair a nice light brown shade, getting ready for fall, when I'll go to my usual red. So there was hair dye all over my head, and leopard pjs. Got that nice funny mental picture?

I decided to get a head start on dinner while my hair was "dying." I thawed the meat, got out the vegetables, and started cutting. *Slice* I cut through the onions - and right through to my finger. And I cut it pretty good, too. So now I'm standing in the kitchen, leopard pj pants, hair dye on head, bleeding profusely from my finger.

This happened 2 minutes before the hair dye was supposed to come out.

By the time I had slowed the bleeding enough to get a bandaid on my finger, it had been 15 minutes past when I was supposed to wash my hair out. 15 extra minutes of the color on my head.

I'm now a dark brown brunette, and Kyle finished the onions.

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

How does Kyle like your hair? Have you gotten used to the darkness yet?

Crystal from My Ramblings said...

Is your finger ok? Your hair would have probably turned out just as dark even without the extra time... box color is funny anyway... and once color is done processing, it doesn't really do any harm... at least thats what my sister tells me :)

Gibsy said...

Kyle loves dark hair, so he's ok with it! I'm in shock though everytime I look in the mirror! haha! My finger is gross, but healing ok. :)