Monday, August 3, 2009

I broke my WHAT?

This post was going to be all about Kyle's new job. But we'll get to that in a minute.

So I was rearended last Monday. Yes, add it to the list of the zillions of wrecks that I've had. It was rainy and gross, and she tried to stop and squealed all the way into the back of my car. Car, not so bad. Me, not so good.

I went to the doc on Friday after having a week of back pain. After some x-rays and lots of paperwork, he popped the films up on the little light. "Um, Michelle? Do you have more pain in the middle of your back?" "Yeah." "You have a chipped vertebrae." "What does that mean?" "You have a broken bone in your back."

Excuse me? I broke my what?

Now this will heal just fine, but for the next 8 weeks I am not allowed to lift anything over 10lbs, and this will be followed by lots of PT and dealing with insurance and such. Blah. My friend Brian is trying to get me to call Jim Adler...seriously though, you should hear his impression. It's pretty good.

But back to Kyle - today was his first day at Smith Barney! He is now a financial advisor, is rockin' a suit everyday to work (love it), and works only 5 minutes from the house. What a blessing! We're super excited, and he loved his first day of work! We're just so excited to have 2 incomes again!

Thanks to everyone that prayed and helped us out during these long 6 months! We love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ouchie on the back! I hope it heals really fast, and if you need some one to take you to have some strange procedure done where you end up saying all of these things you won't remember 10 mins later, I'm your girl! ;) Tell Kyle I said congrats! That's so awesome about the job. I know he will do great! love anna

jenicarae said...

So sad for you, so happy for him!

Dang girl - I hope that recovery won't be too painful! Can't imagine -

And yay for Kyle - God was just waiting to put him in the perfect job!!