Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sent from God



I love giving presents.  I especially love giving handmade gifts.  In between rehearsals for our Christmas service, you can usually find me in the kitchen baking or with crafts spread out all over the dining room table.  Sometimes both.  I doubt God gets as giggly as I do over making the perfect gift, but I have to think He had joy over sending us His Son.  He selected the perfect time, the perfect way to send Him, and the ultimate gift.  Our salvation began that quiet night in Bethlehem. 

What are you giving this year?  When I see the musicians of our church come together this season, they give the gift of music.  When our volunteers prepare millions of music packets, they give the gift of service and time.  Whatever gifts you give this year, give it with the upmost joy. 

“If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!”  Matthew 7:11

No comments: