Thursday, December 1, 2011

Lord of All


I get lost very easily.  It’s so bad, that when I worked for a music store on the road, my boss bought me a GPS, because he figured he would pay less in gas if I could actually find where I was going.  Last week, when my husband and I switched cars, I found myself driving on unfamiliar roads without the help of the GPS that’s in my car.  I frantically pulled up my iPhone, asked it for assistance, but even it couldn’t connect to the network.  I was absolutely, totally lost, and growing more panicked by the second, as I was now late AND lost. 

I finally pulled over, found a map on my phone, and eventually made it to where I was going.  While I was driving in the crazy haze, there was no way I was going to find where I was going, much less where I was.  The only thing that could help me was to stop, reevaluate, and turn around.

When our lives seem to be out of control, and we’re lost on our path, the only thing that will help us is to stop, breathe, and ask the Lord for guidance.  Our phones aren’t going to know what the next step is, and the GPS might be out of reach.  Take a breath.  God has a plan.

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” 
 Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: