Friday, January 8, 2010

Thar's a hole in my bucket...

I guess it's inevitable with the new year. It's a chance to refocus, decide what we really want out of life, what we're going to do about it this year, what we didn't do well last year, etc. You know how it goes. It's what all goes into deciding on those New Year Resolutions that we all throw away and forget about by Valentine's Day.

Since I am inching closer towards 30 every day, it really makes me think. A couple of months ago we had a sermon at church about our Bucket List. Sorry Pastor, but I don't really remember what the point of the sermon was (was that the bucket of grace sermon?), but it did get me thinking about my own bucket list. What do I want to achieve? What are some things I definitely want to do? So, in no particular order, here are 10 things I would like to achieve in my lifetime:

1. Be a mother. (Of Kyle's children of course, not just anybody's.)
2. Drive a pink cadillac.
3. Travel to Rome, Italy. (I'd like to see the Vatican while I'm there.)
4. Have a leading role in a musical.
5. Live by the lake. (I'm pretty close right now!)
6. Have some land.
7. Take the Sound of Music tour in Switzerland. And sing The Hills Are Alive while I'm there. In a dress.
8. Have a wall full of shoes. I'm thinking Carrie Bradshaw's closet in the Sex and the City movie.
9. Hire a housekeeper.

And those that know me best, know #10:
I want a lady that will be in my house with a taco cart and tableside guacamole, to make me tacos on command. Her name will be Escuela.

What's on your bucket list?

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Haha, this made me laugh!! Feel free to invite me over when your enjoying tableside guac :)