Monday, January 11, 2010

What I'm dealing with...

This is kind of embarrassing, but I'm writing it out to the blog world and facebook world because I don't really know what to do, and this is the biggest network of people I know. So, I'm falling on my sword, letting myself be embarrassed in hopes that it will help me move on faster and get some help.

In the past I have been the Mary Kay Diva. While I still am a Diva with my own sales, my unit kinda fell apart the past couple of months, and on January 1st, I lost my status as director. On Saturday I got a letter stating that I no longer had enough consultants on my team to maintain car status and that they would be coming to pick up my car.

I'm still licking my wounds on this one, but after a lot of prayer and talking with Kyle, our Pastor, and some close church friends, I've made a few decisions. One, I will continue with Mary Kay, but on a dialed back basis, as in, I will still do a party if someone wants one, but mostly I'm just going to take care of my customers and keep getting my personal discount. I still believe in this company and I love doing this, but right now it's best for my family if I take a step back.

Two, I need to find another source of income. For years I've been patching together a career with various things, and I'm not necessarily opposed to that, but it's time to bring it together. I'm a musician. It's what I'm good at. I need to be doing what I'm good at. Here's the tricky part - musicians don't get paid all that well. I absolutely love my job at St. Peter, and don't intend on leaving, so I've got to find some 20 odd hours during the week to do something musical that I'm good at. During the school year I can sub, but my heart isn't in that. I love the accompanying work that I do, but again, it's only during certain times of the year.

And the one that's probably the most urgent - I need a car. Due to our past year, we don't have the funds to purchase one. And because of some poor mistakes that I have made, I don't have good credit either. We are hoping someone will have an extra car we can rent for a few months while we get some money together to be able to purchase a decent car for me.

So there's where I'm at. I'll be glad to take advice on jobs, cars, etc. I'll also take some prayers, because I've got a lot to figure out.

3 comments:

TV Watching Mama said...

Thinking about you and wishing you all the best! You are a survivor!

Jess said...

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers. Let me know if i can do anything!

O'Brien Family said...

If it was a house you were needing, we could help you out... unfortunately, our spare vehicle is in storage in Washington State. You're a brave lady for your choice to step back a bit, but you're also very, very talented and outgoing. Any employer would be lucky and blessed to have you!!