Tuesday, January 26, 2010

DIY Tuesday - Sweater Boots!

Back during December, I was stalking some boots at DSW. They looked like a sweater, very cute, cute little buttons, you know, perfect. When I finally got some Christmas money, it was time for the boots! I drove excitedly over to DSW, walked down the right aisle, and...

No boots.

Kyle heard about my boot debacle (not because I complained about them, of course), and when he came across a link for some DIY boots, he passed it on. I ran to the store, got some clearance shoes, dug around for Kyle's old sweaters, got the glue gun, and went to work!
The cheap starter shoes

Removing the bling on the top
Kyle's old sweaterGluing the sleeves onto the shoe

Flip it over...


Sew on a cuff (made from the bottom of the sweater)


Add a cute button, and...
Boots!

Several of yall have commented on them and requested an interest in their own pair of boots, so here's your chance! I'll make them for you for $20 (covering my time and materials). I just need to know your shoe size and your color preference!


3 comments:

Linda said...

Wow! Awesome job! :-)

Unknown said...

Love them! Great idea!

Lauren and Derek said...

Thats so fun! What a great idea - love it!