Tuesday, January 4, 2011

30 before 30: Reading Challenge - January

One of my 30 before 30 items was to finish one book a month. I'm an avid reader, so this will probably be the easiest thing on my list! In fact, I finished my first book last night.

Jennifer Weiner's Fly Away Home was wonderful. What I love most about her writing is that she often tells different chapters from different perspectives. For instance, the first chapter is told by the mom, the next chapter, one of the daughters, and so on. I kept reading because I couldn't wait to find out what happened when the mom found out about what was going on with each daughter...I just couldn't stand it!

In the story, the main character, Sylvie, is the wife of a senator, who finds out her husband has had an affair with a colleague. She of course finds out about it on the news, and the remainder of the book is how she and her two grown daughters, Diana and Lizzie, react to the news, how it affects their lives, and how they all go about rebuilding what came crashing down.

I've got to wait a little before starting another book, or I will fly through these books before February gets here!

No comments: