Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekly Recap - Week 3

Warning my friends: when you start living your life with purpose and with lofty goals, those that will make you a better person, stronger Christian, and impact the kingdom of God, satan will attack. I have been beat up and down these past few weeks, and things are not getting any easier. I'm by no means giving up on my resolve or my quest, but man, my spirits are down. I'm not gonna lie, I'm just downright sad. However, I'm not going to stop. I'm going to keep going on my quest, and maybe my heart will heal in the process.

So here's what I accomplished this week:

16. Try a new recipe every week - Week 3 done. I made chicken spaghetti from a recipe in our church cookbook. Tasty!

20. Catalog the church music - my stuff came in and I started this process.

26. Once a month lunch date with my mom - booked!

I also finished my second book of January, which I'll write about this week. I'm not counting it towards my goal, that is, of course, unless I come up short, and then I'm absolutely counting it. :)

And of course, the pictures from this week:

January 16 - We had a Chinese gift exchange at our staff epiphany party. I got Superman underwear. Much to everyone's surprise - I just put them on. :) (And this is SO not a flattering picture of me, but I thought you'd enjoy it, readers.)

January 17 - Thanks to my brother and future sister in law and our Christmas gift card, we went out to Olive Garden Monday night. I tried the new chicken dish - SO good.January 18 - This week was all about food apparently. Kyle made these pork chops from a new healthy recipe he found. OH so good.

January 19 - Sweet cold night snuggles with my puppy. I seriously love this dog.

January 20 - The chicken spaghetti I made. (Told ya it was all about food this week.)

January 21 - I had Friday off, so I spent the afternoon watching Crocodile Dundee and snuggling with Bryson and Kyle.

January 22 - Saturday was an all day seminar, and we did this card thing to determine what we truly loved and were good at. Here where mine:


And that's it for this week. I'm hoping for a much better week next week.

No comments: