Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 2 in Review

I'm not gonna lie, this last week? Well, it flat out sucked. There were some highlights of course, but for the most part, I'd like a do over. So not as much was accomplished this week, but let's take a look back:

5. Kyle's bday plans are well underway!

10. Clean out the clothes I will never wear again. COMPLETE! I'll be blogging about this one later this week.

16. Try a new recipe - Well, I made one I haven't made in about 6 years...does that count? I made a tasty chocolate amaretto cake for our staff party at work - it was wonderful!!

20. Catalog the choir music - ordered all my supplies!

28. Eat a four course dinner for free - dinner is booked!

So although I didn't have huge progress towards my goals this week, I did realize something: My goals are making me live life. I know that sounds cheesy, but most nights I'm pretty content to just sit on the couch and watch a movie with the hubs. Not that that's a bad thing either, but that's just not what I want to do every night for the rest of my life!

My friend Steffi had the same view, as she's also working on her list. She said, "It's making me be more creative with the time I spend with my friends." And it is! We're making dates to go make pottery, have dinner together, make aprons - I'm having the time of my life!

And now the picture evidence of the past week! (I decided to switch my days over on Sunday now, so you'll get eight pics this week!)

January 8 - Jessica's baby shower - Jess holding the baby blanket I made.
January 9 - Snow in North Texas!January 10 -This cute dog - I can't resist.
January 11 - Ok, I can't find this picture for the life of me, nor do I have any idea what it was.
January 12 - Same thing - I told you it was a bad week!!
January 13 - Baylor Women's Council Young Grad Event - my friend Ashleigh!January 14 - Girls Night at Catherine's - me and my friend Chelsie!January 15 - The goodwill pile from my closet cleanout! (and I know it's sideways - turn your head!)


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Living life is so much better than watching it go by! So happy that you're experiencing it more these days. You o girl!!!