Tuesday, December 13, 2011

He Feels


“You don’t understand!”  How many times have we said this to someone?  Odds are, sometimes, they truly don’t understand what we are going through.  They haven’t experienced what we are experiencing.  These well-meaning souls can feel badly for us, but they truly don’t know. 

I think God expected this.  If He needed someone to “just” die for our sins, Jesus could have been here for a day.  Instead, He spent 32 years on the earth to struggle with life as we do. 

A short while back, Kyle and I lost a baby early in my pregnancy.  The only comfort I found was in those who had experienced this as well.  As Christmas gets closer, I think about God willingly sending His Son to earth, knowing He would have to watch Him die.  I would’ve done anything to keep that baby alive, and it wasn’t even my choice.  God knew what was best in the long run though, for our angel baby and for His Son, and ultimately, for each one of us.  And because of these things, God sent that baby to earth, to feel and share our human emotions.  We aren’t alone. 

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.“  John 3:16

No comments: