Tuesday, December 13, 2011

He Shares


Yesterday we talked about God and Jesus being able to truly understand what we are going through on the earth.  I believe also that the people He put in our lives are there to help us through our daily challenges in life.  I have a dear friend who lost her baby the same time I did, and we were able to walk each other through the grief.  I didn’t even know her a year and a half ago – what a blessing that God placed her there!

The church can be a haven for many of these things we need.  When we had several church members out of work, we started a job seeker ministry.  For those struggling with things in life – Christian Care.  The cool thing is, God puts us on both sides of things.  There will be someone that needs you in their life for a certain reason, just as there is someone in your life for a certain reason.  Some are there to comfort, some to encourage, and some just to walk alongside you. 

As we continue closer to Christmas, and our schedule gets busier, take the time to be there for others.  Don’t get so busy that you fail to see the opportunities right in front of you.

“And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’  Then I said, ‘Here am I! Send me.’ ” Isaiah 6:8

No comments: