Saturday, July 16, 2011

And you can tell everybody that this is your song...

#2. Publish some music.

This is one I didn't actually accomplish.  However, I did absolutely everything in my power to accomplish it, so I'm checking it off.  I sent off a piece to a publisher, and actually never heard back from them.  Although they promise to reply back by the 6-8 week time point, they didn't.  That's a little unprofessional if you ask me, especially since they ask for you to wait to send your piece to anyone else until you hear from them, but that's life I guess.  

This is still one of my goals in life though, so I haven't given up on this one.  I'm going to continue to write (and arrange, which I LOVE to do), and one of these days, I will be a published composer!  

Tell me music friends - is there any need for an on-demand arranger for the random instruments our small churches have?  That's something else I've been pondering lately - offering my arranging services to other music ministers.  Well there you go - sorry this one wasn't more exciting!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

You are so talented! Can't wait to hear Composer Gibson :)