Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I've got the world on a string...

#24. Learn to play the hammered dulcimer.

I got some push back on this one.  Kyle didn't care that I had wanted to play this for a long time, he wasn't crazy about letting me do this.  We looked into renting one, taking lessons, and well, none of these things were really possible without me moving to a state where I needed to also churn my own butter.  So, we ordered the dulcimer.  When I opened the box, I stared down at all the strings and thought, "What in the world was I thinking?!"  I wasn't sure I would be able to do this.

Now, I'm still no dulcimer pro, but I've learned a couple of songs, and learned the main strings, and I'm learning some new techniques.  I mastered one song well enough to be able to play it at church on June 26th for our Bluegrass Sunday!  I look forward to using it in worship more! (Stef and I staged these pictures, but here's me in action!)