Saturday, July 2, 2011

They say it's your birthday...

The big 3-0 has come and gone, and I have to say, it was a blast!  In fact, I'm still celebrating.  I promised a blow by blow blogging of my list, so I'm going to start a little out of order: 

#30 - Say goodbye to my 20s in style!

Thursday morning, the day before my actual birthday, I came into the office to find this:


My super sweet coworkers had decorated my door!  I want to keep this up all year!  Thursday night held our very first bunco night (more about that in the bunco post!), and it was a blast.  I had so much fun with the girls and went to bed happy and content about my last night as a 20 something.  

Friday morning, I woke up early (I'm old now, that's what we do), and started the day off with a massage, a brow wax, and a shower.  Steffi met me for lunch, shopping for the perfect birthday dress, and a little mani/pedi.  When our hubbies got home from work, we had some birthday tacos at Fuzzy's, and then it was party time!

Yall know I love me some wine, so what better place to have my birthday party than a winery?  I decided to have a small and classy birthday bash year, so the winery closed down except for me and about 15 of my closest friends, and we got to talk, reminisce, eat wonderful cupcakes, and drink some delicious wine!  We stayed up way too late and the day was jam packed, but jam packed full of fun.  I'm excited to get to continue birthday fun today with my family!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post:  #1 - Lose weight!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I'd say welcoming your 30's has been a huge success! Glad you made it over the hump old woman :)