Saturday, July 16, 2011

I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise...

#16.  Try a new recipe every week. 

It's no secret that when I got married, my repertoire of food prep was very limited.  This is nothing against my parents in the least, but in the country, we just didn't eat much else besides meat and potatoes.  Add that with being poor for quite awhile, and there you go.  This was one of my favorites on this list.  I became obsessed with trying new recipes.  In fact, I quit posting about it, because almost everything I was trying was new.   Even when I had a week where I couldn't cook, I was trying new things at restaurants!  Kyle would suggest cooking one of our usuals, like spaghetti or taco salad, and honestly, I just didn't want it.  I wanted something different and new.  My new found fun has continued, and now that we are settled in our new house, I'm cooking more new things (which I hope to start featuring in this blog after the 30 before 30 is done!)  Here's a few things I cooked this week (and there was some great cantaloupe at the store, so we had some every day):



2 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks delish! I love the variety in drinks...my favorite is the last pic ;)

Christine said...

Yum I want some. I grew up poor with meat and potatoes too